Week 8 Reading and Writing

Upon looking back at our work thus far I'm reminded of the many readings we've managed to explore in a short couple of months. Specifically, I'm reminded of the wonderful poetry we've analyzed so far such as Dickinson's work. One of my favorite readings so far has been Matsuo Basho's "The Narrow Road to the Deep North". The imagery used to describe different landmarks in japan/the overall journey by the narrator was beautiful. The diction gymnastics used has stuck with me and am incredibly happy to have discovered such a work through this course. When thinking of the reading notes and analysis posts, I find just how much easier analysis is with having notes being far more organized than how I used to operate. My notes are far more stream lined online, than written on paper or highlighted in text; which allows me to more effectively provide commentary. I continue to look forward to the readings we still have to come. Hopefully, the literature continues to resonate with me just like the works we've already read (I'm sure they will). Peeking into various windows of our worlds history through literary time machines has been a blast and I look forward to whats next.

Comments

Popular Posts