Topic Brainstorm - 2nd Project Commence...

With the second project vastly approaching, topic brainstorming has begun. With one project under my belt, I feel like the process for this next will run much more smooth. I made mistakes that I don't intend to make again and look forward to this next submission. 

Option 1

One of the broader options is the first given on the prompt. This option requires us to write about two literary pieces, comparing and contrasting an element. This comparison can range from theme, character or literary devices. This option is ripe with opportunities for analysis. In particular dissecting theme or a particular literary device like metaphor is an avenue that jumps to my mind. Just this week I read two poems ("1593" by Emily Dickinson and "Stanzas Written in Dejection" by Percy Bysshe Shelley) that use nature as a metaphor to display both chaos and peace. I can imagine crafting an argument revolving around these two poets use of nature displaying their central themes, while doing so in opposite portrayals.

Option 6

With option 6 we are able to pick a subject and discuss how two readings discuss the same subject in similar or differing ways. With this prompt in particular I thought of possibly delving into the subject of children. The poems "The Chimney Sweeper" by William Blake and "To a Little Invisible Being Who Is Expected Soon to Become Visible" by Anna Barbauld discuss the subject of children with two vastly different perspectives. I can imagine tackling these vastly different takes on children, their relationships too parents/adults, and developing a strong contrast/argument from these materials.

Option 8

This option, which requires us to relate a theme of a reading to our own life has plenty of potential. I'd argue, that relating a literary piece to your life brings about an easy assess point into personal complexity. This opening allows for a deeper analysis into your own consciousness as well as the mind state of the author. All of these project options allow for a point of greater understanding and growth, but this option allows an overt reason for reflection and potential personal growth. Exploring connected themes of literature and personal experience honestly sounds like a blast and is certainly an option I'm eyeing.

Comments

  1. Hello Cesar!
    After reading your options, there is a lot to go off of. For your first option, which is option one, the broadness of it can run away from you if you're not careful. I would really nail down a good, solid, arguable thesis first before really diving into a lot of the writing. This will allow the rest of the work to flow and saves you a lot of reworking later (speaking from experience on my first project doing this topic). I think option eight will be the easiest concept to grasp. From the sounds of it, you already have a lot of information and ideas going into it. I think personal experience can make some of the richest reading. That topic would just need a good balance of commentary with literary evidence. Overall, I hope this helps, and I really look forward to reading what you come up with for your project!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts